Monday, July 19, 2010

BUDDHA REUNION

the Buddha ....in my garden beside her pond....her
head got broken falling into the pond.....but all is
WELL!


you left in a windstorm
falling to the bottom of the pond
I thought you might be upside down
with no vision
insulated
expressionless without insight
unable to live under water
without your curly locks of hair
eyelids opened
without that urna between your eyebrows
or those beautiful earlobes
gone beyond all images
losing the power of mantra
unable to meditate again
I was wrong
Namaste

8 comments:

flaubert said...

Nice Wayne! The mantra will survive!
Cheers
Pamela

Weasel said...

Nice one! Wonderful response to the prompt!

-Weasel

anthonynorth said...

That was excellently done. Now ,repeat that mantra.

Anonymous said...

I love your unusual subject matter.

http://thelaughinghousewife.wordpress.com

Rinkly Rimes said...

Maybe she prayed for underwater powers before her head fell off!

Anonymous said...

That's a pleasure.
(I tried going back and reading without the explanation in mind, which seemed appropriate)

my response isn't on my usual blog
http://scratchpd.wordpress.com/2010/07/19/riverside-community-reunion-2010/

brenda w said...

I love this piece Wayne! Poor Buddha...perhaps the ghost of Ichabod Crane was about...?

A Buddhist saying for you: "If you see the Buddha on the street, kill him." The Buddha is not out there somewhere, separate.

Erin Davis said...

Wonderful image and poem. And I love that your Buddha is a she.

Namaste.